Saturday 13 September 2008

Repurposed Croc Planter


If there is one fashion trend My Eco Self can not stand, it is Crocs, a shoe of function rather than form. At the very most, they have credibility as gardening shoes, or I can make a small concession to their suitability as in-house footwear only, as they are lauded by podiatrists. It seems like everyone I know as a pair. Slowly, they creep into my subconscious as something acceptable and normal - but then I need to stand back, take a breather, and remember that they are hideous. I seem to be alone in thinking so (and don't even get me started on the Birkenstock) but I am going to stand firm in what I believe.

So, I was delighted to read this post by Green Upgrader, suggesting an alternative use for the Croc, as a vessel to plant in. It's time for the mass demise of the Croc, and what a good idea - those holes come in very handy. Still, not sure I would have one of these hanging in my garden, but hey, it takes all types to make a world. And I think this makes a beautiful picture.

No comments: