Saturday 13 September 2008

Orla Kiely Wottle


My Eco Self is still trying to get into the habit of keeping old water bottles, refilling them, and more importantly, actually bringing them with me when I go out, so I'm not forced to buy one at the kiosk at the Tube station (water could be essential to any number of Tube emergencies, so I do try to carry some). Not one to follow trends (who am I kidding? - I got my grubby unmanicured hands on that Cath Kidston Tesco bag as soon as I had the chance) - but I have always been a fan of Orla Kiely, and her various collaborations (I've still got a very nice vase she sold at Sainsbury's quite a few years ago, and her Butler's chocolates are yummy.) I remember seeing her house featured in Living Etc, and that was very stylish too, with a fabulous stripy fireplace.
Her latest collaboration is the Wottle water bottle for Brita. It's made from recycled plastic, and I think it is very stylish. There's an interview with her in today's Times.
My Eco Self is about to start living off a very strict budget, which I will detail here. But I think the official beginning of my budget will start just around lunchtime, just after I've sneaked onto the Brita website and ordered my Wottle. It is also available at John Lewis, and Ethical Superstore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The team at ecotrendspotter.com also think that the Wottle is a great looking device. we should all be encouraged to use these rather than water bottle.